Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 2014 03:42:15 AM
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Hamster Chat (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: hamster noises « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hamster noises  (Read 2565 times)
Amybojamies
Baby Hamster

Charleston chew

« on: May 27, 2006 07:52:39 PM »

Does anyone know anything about hamster noises and what they mean?i was just curious when i was holding my friends hamster and he was making a chirping/clicking noise.

Zouave
Elite Hamster

My hamster, Princess. A real sweetie. RIP.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006 06:52:57 PM »

How were you holding the ham?

Usually noises suggest they are not happy.

???

Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006 10:53:49 PM »

Does anyone know anything about hamster noises and what they mean?i was just curious when i was holding my friends hamster and he was making a chirping/clicking noise.

That noise means your hamster is happy and inquisitive. :)

On the other hand, if your hamster were chattering, this means it's angry.  If you have a squawking/squeaking/screaming hamster, that means it's scared.

Gucci
Golden Hamster

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006 11:40:08 AM »

Almi is right.  ;)

Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006 06:54:12 PM »

Due to an exceptionally annoying member, I'm bumping this thread.

*BUMP*

dickie21569
Baby Hamster

I love Hamster House!

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006 07:00:08 AM »

Almi more or less summed it up, chattering teeth is probably the one to watch out for, as a bite tends to be the result,squawking means they are scared and will often wee in your hand and attempt to jump or get free of you, they sometimes make a funny sound if you cup your hands around them which sounds like a gentle grunt as if they're pushing your fingers apart, and it is a real effort for them.
Zouave
Elite Hamster

My hamster, Princess. A real sweetie. RIP.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 1, 2006 05:50:27 PM »

I have never heard mine make a "happy sound". Their contentment is silence, for me.   :-/

Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 2, 2006 11:45:19 AM »

I have never heard mine make a "happy sound". Their contentment is silence, for me.   :-/

Maybe you can't hear it?  I dunno, that seems weird, as I know you give your hams lots of love and they're very well-stimulated.

TNH
Dwarf Hamster

I love Hamster House!

« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2006 06:52:51 PM »

See also the thread here:

http://www.hamsterhouse.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=HamsterChat;action=display;num=1144443055

My hamster has never been upset enough to "roar" at me after his first day here, but he's still a talker. In the morning while I'm having my first cup of coffee, he usually comes out of his hideyhole for a drink and a look round, then raids the seed dish, talking to himself the whole time in a string of little chips and chuts. In the evening, when I let him out to explore his tabletop play area, if something's in his way he'll let out a little string of sharper and louder noises that sound very like dissatisfaction.

As far as I can tell, he's living a happy hamster life. He just comments on it as he goes.
Pages: [1] Print 
Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Hamster Chat (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: hamster noises « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length