Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 16, 2014 11:24:28 AM
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Hamster Chat (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: Hairless Hamster « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hairless Hamster  (Read 560 times)
daqteqsoda
Baby Hamster

I love Hamster House!

« on: Mar 4, 2007 10:14:33 AM »

Hi, my little sister had a Hairless Hamster for 4 years, and he just recently passed away. She really misses him and wants another one, but unfortunately the pet store we bought him from no longer carries them. Does anyone know where I could find someone who does? I live in Minneapolis, MN and I'm willing to drive up to two or three hours to get one. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #1 on: Mar 4, 2007 11:36:31 AM »

The closest I've ever seen to a hairless animal in person would be a rat that was HALF hairless.  (And that was an interesting experience in itself.)

I don't live too far away from you either - Fargo, ND - and I've never seen any alien hamsters in my area.

Sorry I can't be of more help. =P

daqteqsoda
Baby Hamster

I love Hamster House!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 4, 2007 02:45:47 PM »

Yeah, they had them all the time at the pet store about four years ago. And I just haven't seen them since. Thanks so much for your response.
TNH
Dwarf Hamster

I love Hamster House!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 4, 2007 07:05:48 PM »

Just a few months back someone on another board mentioned seeing hairless hamsters up for sale, so they're definitely out there.
Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 4, 2007 07:39:28 PM »

Out there, but close?

TNH
Dwarf Hamster

I love Hamster House!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 5, 2007 04:17:05 AM »

Lord knows. I'm still trying to figure out how the retail market for hamsters actually works.

Watching the stock come and go at my local pet store reminds me of the old days when you bought your paperback books from a spinning wire rack at the corner drugstore: anything might randomly turn up in it, but if you wanted a specific title, you could wait forever for it to show up. Alternately, it might be there next week. Or it might be there next week, but there'd only be one copy, and if you weren't first in, you were just out of luck.
Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 5, 2007 03:57:20 PM »

Yeah, true.

Well, I should be starting work at PetSmart soon; perhaps I will gain some insight on how it all works.  And I'm bound to see some interesting specimens come in.

Pages: [1] Print 
Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Hamster Chat (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: Hairless Hamster « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length