Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 21, 2014 04:29:53 PM
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Hamster Care (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: PLEASE HELP! What kills hamsters in 48 hours.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! What kills hamsters in 48 hours....  (Read 1017 times)
Chemically
Baby Hamster

« on: May 24, 2010 01:12:59 AM »

...but IS NOT wet tail? 

I bought a hamster on April 19th, 2010 and it got wet tail from stress.  :/  It seemed like it was better after I took it to the vet, and then it started agitating it tail with it's teeth.  I took it to the vet again and he prescribed it something else so it would leave it's tail alone.  Two days after the last visit to the vet it died.  It seemed to get really really sick and hop around and fall over.  I noticed that the hamster had flat ears for awhile.  It's eyes were hardly open in the end.  It also looked painful to walk or do anything.  I never saw an animal that sick before.  Mindy died on May 19th, 2010.

I got a hamster May 21st, 2010.  It just died an hour ago, so basically on the 23rd.  It seemed to have the same symptoms but this time the hamster seemed to become lethargic and very sick in the matter of one day. 

I know it's not wet tail because it had no signs of wet tail, neither of them.

I bought the two hamsters from Petco, pretty much fromt he same cage, and a store employee said that they had a breakout of wet tail 3 weeks ago or something.  He said that the hamster I got was from a new batch just recently. 

I just know it's not wet tail, please help me.  T___T 
Chemically
Baby Hamster

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010 01:15:19 AM »

Sorry, forgot to add this but I was thinking that my initial hamster got wet tail from the store since the employee said there was a break out and not just from stress.
Chemically
Baby Hamster

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010 01:16:47 AM »

Sorry, but I was thinking it might possibly be salmonellosis?
Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 7, 2010 03:25:56 AM »

It's hard to say, honestly.  Like many others do, you'll probably just have to write it off and hope for the best next time, unless you want to pay a hefty sum to have an autopsy done by a vet.

Pages: [1] Print 
Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Hamster Care (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: PLEASE HELP! What kills hamsters in 48 hours.... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length