Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 1, 2014 08:45:38 PM
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Off Topic (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: I cut a chunk out of my finger today... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I cut a chunk out of my finger today...  (Read 1640 times)
nikki1005
Golden Hamster

Was Fuzzy Wuzzy really fuzzy?

« on: Jul 1, 2011 01:51:06 AM »

Like the subject line reads... I cut a chunk off the top of my right middle finger. I was at work by myself, I sharpened the knife since I was going to prep the veggie's for the day. I went to wash the knife, I got a scrub brush and soap and started cleaning it... then my hand slipped and the knive sliced a chunk off the top of the finger. I knew right away that it was bad, so I rushed to get a clean cloth and applied pressure and frantically called my boss's wife to let her know that I had to leave to see a doctor right away, then called my hubby and mom... my friend who was scheduled to work showed up and ended up driving my car and took me to urgent care. When I got there they didn't want to accept me because I didn't have an injury form since the injury happened at work. My friend dealt with them cause I started to cry when they said they couldn't help me. My mom showed up and they wouldn't let me in until I paid... so my mom let them hold on to her credit card until my boss showed up to pay for me. Then they let me in, they had me finally take the cloth off which really hurt and put iodine in the wound, then a saline hydrogen peroxide mix was poured on and then neosporin and a pressure patch, then wrapped up in tons of gauze. I have to go in on Saturday to get it looked at and cleaned... so no stiches, there wasn't enough skin and flesh to do it, and they couldn't attach the chunck back on. I feel pretty luck though that I didn't cut off the tip of my finger. My boss showed up and he took care of everything and had info on the worker's comp. I feel so bad about the whole thing since it's costing my boss and I'm unable to work for a little while. There's no way I'm going to be able to make pizzas and prep veggie's and salad or wash dishes for quite a while.
On a positive note I'm going to a reproductive endocrinologist to get more help getting pregnant... I'm very hopeful. Anywho's, sorry if this post was long, it was one "exciting" day.

Philip+Nicole=Love

Bucca
Superb Hamster

« Reply #1 on: Jul 1, 2011 01:55:16 AM »

Bleergh I would have been freaking out if I were you lol :( at least if wasn't your whole finger

and lots of luck on your reproductive organs :D!!
Speedeh
Genius Hamster

whut

« Reply #2 on: Jul 2, 2011 08:26:46 AM »

ouch... that sounds nasty o___o I'm curious to see what it looks like though...

and good luck with the pregnancy! =D

Almi
The Almighty Hamster

Pwn.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2011 10:55:36 PM »

Argh, I have a fear of knives.  I don't think I could handle that. X3

YAYYYY BABY DUSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Pages: [1] Print 
Hamster House Forums  |  General  |  Off Topic (Moderators: Noelani, Moderator, CEB, Ano, spottedcatfish, nikki1005)  |  Topic: I cut a chunk out of my finger today... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length